The other day, a friend forwarded me a devotional titled “Defining Moments”. The message was about those in the Bible who had experienced defining moments and had their lives forever changed. The author talked about Peter walking on water, Daniel escaping the lions’ den, Joshua finally crossing into the Promise Land, and Shadrach, Mesach, and Abendigo who were untouched by the firy furnance. The author further conveyed that these moments set the course for the remainder of their lives and each of the servants had years of preparation that led up to that moment.
History captures many times of defining moments, for instance,
- on April 14, 1912, the Titanic sank.
- on October 24, 1929, the Stock Market crashed
- on December 7, 1941, Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
- on August 17, 1977, Elvis died.
- on January 28, 1986, Space Shuttle Challenger exploded *(I watched this on t.v).
- on January 16, 1991, U.S. attacked Iraq.
- on April 19, 1995, the Oklahoma City Bombing.
- on April 20, 1999, shootings at Columbine High School
- on September 11, 2001, an attack on U.S. known as the September 11th Attacks.